Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $27.2K – $34.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Huntsville, AL.
Full Job Description
- Develop and maintain required documentation to support controls applications used in the manufacturing process, including operation and maintenance.
- Oversee and perform installation of control systems on new and/or existing equipment.
- Make programming changes that are required to maintain and improve the manufacturing process.
- Be familiar with and comply with the Polaris Electrical Specification for Industrial Equipment (ENG-SPEC-0001)
- Interface with vendors, integrators and other plant controls personnel
- Analyze and recommend improvement to manufacturing processes, which will benefit from automation techniques.
- Train production and maintenance personnel in control operations and maintenance functions.
- Assist in the development and the design of new tooling used in the manufacturing process.
- Set-up Cognex, Keyence and Banner Vision system cameras to do in-line inspections.
- Train images to pattern recognition and/or color recognition and make pass/fail decisions.
- Store images on computer network.
- Manage getting images programmed in time for new model introductions before SOP.
- Work with Controls Engineers or outside integrators to set-up trigger points to take images: Bar code scanners, RFID readers, sensors, etc.
- Work with IS/Controls Engineers to tie results to AS400 for Auto-FTQ failures.
- Trouble-shoot problems with images regarding: lighting, design changes, part presentation, missed scans, etc.
- Maintain accuracy of systems during production hours. Systems include Assembly Booths, Assembly In-Line cameras, Welding systems and others as they are added.
- Correct errors and work with operators to constantly improve process clarification and effectiveness. Have all process changes approved by the ME.
- Work with Check Back Auditors/Process Techs/QE’s/ME’s/Supervisors to remove Check Backs as camera systems are brought on-line.
- Assist ME’s/Controls Engineers with the procurement of project items and implementation.
- Willingness to travel off-site for training of different controls systems.
- Keep organized documentation and display samples from the analysis for reference.
- Comply with company policies, quality standards, safety standards, and OSHA regulations.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations strictly and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement process.
- Work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day and reach overhead continuously.
- Use air/power/vibrating tools and do strong, pincher gripping.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- Repetitive use of upper extremities.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates degree in Automation, Electrical, or related technical field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in an industrial setting.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Experience with industrial equipment and electrical troubleshooting.
- Be able to read, understand and modify technical drawings.
- Have excellent communication, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Must have prior experience programming/configuring Allen-Bradley PLCs (Logix500 & 5000), HMI and VFDs
- Intense production line presence.
- Typical manufacturing and office environment conditions.
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each bucket (3 Tardies and 3 Absences)
- Must have received a ‘Meets Expectation’ in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.