Full Job Description
Who We Are: Magaya was established in Miami in 2001. Our mission is to help people succeed in business with technology. Today, thousands of users around the world in 70 different countries use Magaya.
We are proud to develop software that automates and improves business operations. Our philosophy is to help companies succeed by offering them a complete and flexible package designed to grow with them. The growth of our customers is our growth, so we dedicate ourselves to help them succeed.
The members of the Magaya team are the reason for every success. Each member is encouraged to learn every day and be curious about how to do things better. Personal integrity and innovation are sought after in new employees from the start. The team is more powerful than the individual, so collaboration is in our DNA. Whenever a person in the supply chain asks “How can we do this better?” we want Magaya to be the answer.
JOB TITLE: Documentation Manager
SUMMARY: Write technical content, manage content work flow and content versioning, use DITA best practices to create and optimize content, analyze usage data reports to gain insights for content improvements. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces and maintains product documentation, including but not limited to articles, user manuals/guides, training materials, and online help and context-sensitive help.
- Manage versions of content.
- Manage articles through the work flow states such as edit, proof, review, and publish
- Define and apply metadata in a taxonomy to content.
- Ensures timely completion of quality documentation for all products and features. Ensure all department members are informed of the status of documented features and assist with needs of instructional designer to create e-learning and videographer to create video tutorials.
- Updates existing documentation to explain feature improvements and enhancements.
- Write for the correct audience and reader experience levels. Simplify complex, technical information.
- Write in clear, simplified English and active voice that can be easily translated into other languages.
- Knowledge of topic-based writing, DITA, and content reuse required. Optimize existing content to meet DITA best practices.
- Write topic-based articles, use single-sourcing, incorporate reuse and conditional content.
- Use or be willing to learn Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, and other programs as needed.
- Interest in new technologies, UI and UX writing, and ability to research and evaluate tools.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Analyzes software release notes to determine user information needs. Gather software details, use cases, and requirements.
- Creates effective graphics, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation, and works with a graphic designer or others.
- Edits and proofreads technical materials using standard editing marks. Write and proofread your work and the work of others for correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Interacts and collaborates effectively with internal and external team members to assure needs of the department and the company are met. Be an advocate of clear technical communication and its value. No direct supervisory responsibilities, although this may change as the department grows. Ability to handle change. Dependable. Professional.
- Assists in project planning; provides reports and updates as required.
- Maintain the documentation department standards and contribute to the department’s value in the organization, to its role in the company’s growth, and the customer’s success.
- Contribute to improving processes and adopting new tools to work better.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent, minimum four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree (MA) or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency preferred in Adobe FrameMaker, project management software, and Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly in writing.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and procedure oriented.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and interact with SMEs
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity to work on a computer
- Frequently required to talk or hear
What You’ll Love About Magaya
Great Company Culture: Our team is comprised of people who are talented at what they do and have a passion to help our clients. Magaya also offers quarterly company- sponsored events.
Work that Stays at Work: Genuine work/life balance served at Magaya!
Rest and Relaxation: Up to 25 days of PTO and including 10 paid holidays
Health Benefits: Full comprehensive benefits program with medical, dental, vision offered to all new employees and dependents. Short-term disability, long-term disability, and company paid life insurance.
Prepare for the Future: Competitive 401k plan with a company match.
Learning and Development: From our very own Magaya Software to coding, internal subject matter experts run classes designed to get you up to speed.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.