$28,900 – $35,900 a year
Driver’s License (Required)
Full Job Description
As an Outreach Specialist you will be a liaison for infectious and chronic disease prevention and education for the community. Duties will include conducting outreach events, HIV testing and conducting Substance Abuse and HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct HIV Testing on assigned clinic days, Mobile Testing Unit and outreach as scheduled for population of focus.
2. Participate in outreach events for testing, community education, and HIV awareness.
3. Regular communication with other departments for continuity of care and referrals.
4. Network with other agencies for referrals.
5. Recruit and collect interest surveys to direct scope of PrEP program.
6. Complete Post-Test Education sessions for eligible clients.
7. Facilitate high impact intervention sessions with fidelity.
8. Readily available to engage and educate the community on chronic and infectious disease, not limited to HIV and STD’s.
9. Provide health educational expertise in the forms of presentations, informational table events and overall outreach in the community.
10. Provide tailored and culturally sensitive educational materials for youth, minorities, the LGTBQ community, and people who use drugs.
11. Work collaboratively with other LGBTQ and allied agencies for outreach aimed at building organizational capacity.
12. Recruit, screen, and enroll individuals for health education programs.
13. Recruit, screen, and interview individuals for role model stories.
14. Assists Evaluator in the collection of preliminary Community Identification Data.
15. Collect and organize outreach data from intervention volunteers/peers for reporting.
16. Maintains accurate records through data entry and monthly reporting, and participates in annual grant meetings and audits;
17. Submit program reports to Director and Data Analyst as required.
18. Attend community-based meetings as assigned.
19. Attend regular Health Education and staff development meetings.
20. Works with supervisor and Development/Marketing department on promotion of events and outreach materials.
21. Assist in other functions or duties in the department as needed.
22. Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities and initiatives.
23. All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Knowledge of the basics of HIV transmission, disease process and prevention.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
A bachelor’s degree and at least one year experience in outreach, recruiting, public health, communication or social work.
1 year HIV testing, outreach experience, APS certification or Substance Abuse prevention experience preferred.
Special Note: Must maintain a current Alabama Driver’s License. Evening and weekend work is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28,900.00 – $35,900.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- outreach: 1 year (Preferred)
- HIV testing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.