Regularly asking “what if?” opened the door to the creative vision of partners David Pisor, Jim Lasky, and Chef Danny Grant. The original concept, to create an amazing guest experience by marrying the love of great food with a dedication to service, has not changed since the flagship steakhouse, Maple & Ash opened in 2015. Now, the award-winning portfolio of brands — Maple & Ash, Mavens & Aficionados, 8 BAR, and etta — are the center of a growing hospitality group.
In everything we do, there are four principles that we live by:
Generous – We always give more than we receive, and we never take advantage of a guest. The value that a guest receives always exceeds what they pay.
Professional – We do our work exceptionally, with skill and talent born from decades of hospitality experience. Our staff has more food, wine, and cocktail knowledge than any other restaurant.
Fun – We love what we do, we laugh a lot, and we never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is a critical component to success at an intense and complex industry such as ours is.
Fail Fast – As we strive to be the best, we will make mistakes. It is ok to screw up as long as you learn, adjust, and get better. Don’t wait… fail fast and move on.
- Accomplish company goals by owning assigned tasks and exploring opportunities to add value to the position
- Participate in the critical path schedule for Culver City opening, ensuring that each milestone is being reached and is on schedule, in collaboration with General Manager and corporate team
- Strictly adhere to all restaurant financial plans and budgets prior to opening and while operating
- Review private event sales trends, profit goals and spending with financial team – and create solutions for increased revenue and reduced spending
- Responsible for catering/private dining revenue budget for the food and beverage outlets in the hotel
- Sells restaurant as Private Dining space for ancillary revenues
- Handles assigned markets based upon experience and depth of contact base to benefit the catering/private-dining department
- Coordinate sales efforts between hotel sales department catering/private dining
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training to the team and continually assess strengths/challenges of catering/private dining team members
- Creates and presents promotional/seasonal packages and programs to the Food and Beverage outlet managers and Director of F&B to impact need/seasonal periods
- Strategically direct and maintain the sales process
- Incorporates marketing initiatives to support sales strategies and activities
- Works in tandem with Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing initiatives
- Establishes a sense of urgency with the team to understand and achieve the needs of the catering/private dining/restaurant operations
- Knowledgeable of restaurant/hotel’s competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies, service and product improvements/up sell strategies to stay competitive
- Thorough knowledge of property, space, capacities, concept/food style
- Active participation in the sales lead/revenue generating process for the department
- Responsible for attending appropriate industry networking events
- Responsible for completing and communicating monthly sales/revenue/pace results to General Managers, Director of Food and Beverage and Director of Sales and Marketing
- Conducts Weekly BEO Meetings
- Attends Hotel Sales and Revenue Meetings
- Develops appropriate revenue/production goals for the catering team
- Work with Executive Chef and Restaurant General Managers to create and maintain Banquet menus and other Marketing Collateral
- Creation of Annual Budget with support of General Manager
- Writes Annual/Quarterly Marketing Plans for Event/Conference/Catering Sales in tandem with Marketing Manager
- Conducts Quarterly and Annual Reviews of catering/private dining team
- Review costing policy with Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage to ensure maximizing profitability
- Ensure that accurate and thorough notes/traces of accounts are maintained via Envision, Tripleseat and restaurant database
- Organize activities and represent restaurant at off-premise/charity events
- Supervise execution of high-level events
- Focus on hospitality goals and continue to drive generosity within the operation
- 4+ years of Private Event Sales Management experience
- High volume restaurant experience is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong passion and dedication to food, beverage, and hospitality
- Polished, professional and energetic approach management
- Ability to work well in a systems-driven environment
- Ability to be adaptable and abide by the policies and values of company
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.