Pulled from the full job description
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $27.8K – $35.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Graceville, FL.
Full Job Description
We are excited about your interest in a lumber manufacturing career. Rex Lumber is committed to providing its team members with an exceptional company culture and employment experience. If you want a career, not a job, and you want to experience big company benefits with an intimate company feel, come join the Rex Lumber team!* You have an opportunity to join a fantastic team and be our newest contributor.*
We offer outstanding benefits that include company paid:
- Health with Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Telemedicine Program through Teladoc
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Vacations and 7 Paid Holidays
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Employee Referral Program
- Rally Health Rewards Program
- Additionally, we offer: *
- Safety Incentives
- Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Wellness Incentives and Employee Recognition Programs
- Conditional Relocation Assistance
- Conditional Tuition Assistance
- On-the-Job Training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Potential for additional Paid Time Off hours
- Uniform Rental and Boot Purchase Program
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Operate lifts, industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move, load and stack/unstack materials around mills, warehouses and log yard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Move controls to drive diesel powered trucks and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas
- Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices to load, unload, transport, and stack material
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, or fueling
- Stop or reset lifts, vehicles or machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor
- Participate in action planning process
- Operate machinery, forklift or other equipment, as required
- Clean work area and surrounding areas making sure it is clean and free of debris
- Participate in action planning process
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess adequate fitness and stamina in order to conduct strenuous and physically demanding tasks.
- Understand and follow oral or written instructions issued by supervisors
- Able to clearly explain problems or give instructions to others involved in keeping operations running smoothly.
- Able to perform the job with limited supervision
- Understand basic machine components and operation, including working around moving mechanical parts and vibrations
- Arrive on time and stay on task in order to contribute to better output and reaching production goals.
- Able to work well in an industrial environment, and as part of a team.
- Perform tasks such as walking, climbing, or standing for long periods of time.
- Able to bend, stoop, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Ability to work outside in all conditions.
- Must be comfortable working around loud equipment.
- Able to work while in a harness at heights over 4 feet.
- Able to lift 50 lbs throughout work shift
- Follow all area/machine center specific safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, i.e., hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and reflective wear.
- Do not enter restricted areas.
- Report immediately to your supervisor or any available supervisor any piece of equipment that is unsafe or functioning improperly to eliminate unsafe conditions
- Request assistance when a task exceeds individual knowledge.
- Visually inspect equipment and area before starting/operating.
- Use Standard Lockout Procedures when appropriate for machine centers.
- Use proper lifting technique by pushing, pulling and lifting with your legs and not your back.
- Never approach a saw while it is still running.
- Follow all other safety regulations as set forth by the company.
Job Type: Full-time
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.