The Logistics Systems and Administration team emphasizes a partnership with internal and external customers to enable operations processes within Cardinal Health Logistics Systems. This position provides support to our medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing, replenishment, and distribution centers by aligning data and technology solutions to optimize the value of the warehouse and transportation for the supply chain. The team drives business innovation by leveraging emerging technologies and turning them into differentiating business capabilities.
We deliver products and services that create a differentiated experience for customers while relentlessly improving speed, reliability, and cost supporting supply chain optimization. We enable growth through effective and efficient movement of over 40MM shipments for our customers. This includes the flow of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers.
What the Analytics Team Contributes to Cardinal Health Logistics
The team is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives. The position will work across multi-functional teams, such as IT, Finance, Operations, Logistics team members, and Cardinal Health management.
- Drive implementation and adoption of the Enterprise Data Governance Playbook that ensures the effective and efficient use of trusted data and statistical models to support regulatory and business goals across the logistics ecosystem
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders across multiple applications and product owners to improve and protect data quality
- Use knowledge of business and data governance practices to scope, define, and catalog the current logistics application platform and identify areas of improvement
- Create and govern current state and future state data flows, with identification of dependencies and integration points
- Manage and leverage enterprise data governance application tools like Callibra to organize and drive results
- Design and monitor data health metrics to ensure data completeness and accuracy
- Investigate and root cause data quality issues while collaborating and driving solutions with IT and Business users (master data remediation, business processes, etc.)
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely, act and drive solutions for data remediation issues, and protect logistics data by enforcing data governance practices and influencing behaviors
- Collaborates and influences organizational behavior to adhere to data governance guidelines and policies
- Understands current data governance best practices and strategies
- Understands metadata context and how current data processes and existing data can be leveraged to improve data quality
- Understands logistics business processes and key performance indicators
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, with a concentration in Transportation, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Management Information Systems) preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred
- Experience working in Big Data systems, Data Lakes, and Analytics related fields managing Build and Run teams
- Experience working with supply chain operations, transportation management systems, or associated technologies preferred
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Access, SQL and R or Python, At Scale and data mining tools
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Quicksight, or similar BI tools
- Experience using data governance and metadata tools like Callibra
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Cardinal Health core leadership essentials
- Strong communication skills to collaborate across various teams and process areas
- Strong influential and facilitation skills to collaborate across various teams and process areas
- Self-driven and eager to learn
- Trusted to do the right thing
- Discipline in process execution
- Process oriented, with experience in cross-functional/end-to-end process mapping
- Strong project management skills to plan, organize and execute work independently
- Knowledge of data management processes
- Ability to understand master data structure and data elements
- Ability to understand and drive data quality and data governance
- Ability to understand and guide data modeling, data lineage and data usage decisions
- Ability to understand the business, high-level technical solutions and associated data creation and consumption
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.