$13.50 – $14.50 an hour
Day Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Summary / Objective
The packaging employee is responsible for following the production process in the manufacturing facility. This position assists the Leads with production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Reports to lead, Supervisor and Production Supervisor or Manager
Critical Organizational Interactions
- Interacts with HR, Leads, Production Supervisor or Manager, Quality Manager, QC/QA Techs, Maintenance, Document Control Manager
- Package in an efficient, clean and sanitary manner following SOP’s and cGood Manufacturing Practices
- Verify all components for the batch
- Inspect each packaged unit following quality requirements
- To perform other tasks that a supervisor may assign
- Assist with wash room cleaning
- Assist in non-production areas when needed
- Assist in the inspection process
- Ability to understand production line instruction
- Knowledge of GMP and OSHA requirements
- Working knowledge of HACCP principles
- Familiarity with modern food manufacturing processes and food safety systems
- Must be able to read and review batch records
- High School Diploma or GED
- One-year experience in Supplement or Food manufacturing environment
- Understand, read, write and speak the English language.
- Team player
- Results driven
- Time management
- Technical capacity
- Learning orientation
- Strong math
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
Knowledge and Business Skills
- Organizational skills, including written and verbal communication
- Be able to work on your feet for 8-10hrs a day, every day.
- Prior knowledge of industry required – dietary supplements, manufacturing
- Entrepreneurial attitude towards continuous improvements to product safety systems
- Understand that we operate within an FDA regulated environment and that we may be inspected at any time. You must operate as though FDA is standing next to you at all times.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Perform repetitive tasks: stand during most of the shift, pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, walking, stooping, bending, reaching and crouching, climbing up ladders.
- Must be flexible with schedule, as shift times could change at customer’s request, weekends and overtime may be required or part of the normal work schedule.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 – $14.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- English (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 72%
On-going need to fill this role
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.