US work authorization (Required)
Pulled from the full job description
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $43.6K – $55.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Mobile, AL.
Full Job Description
The PLC Technician maintains tests and repairs electrical/electronic, PLC, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. They apply knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment modifications, malfunctions and restores equipment to operation. They will support all production and physical plant equipment in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start up and shuts down equipment in accordance with operation’s requirements, company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
- Provide technical support on PLC’s and network interfaces throughout the manufacturing floor.
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theory and principles, written specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to PLC’s, numerical controls, power supplies, drives, gages/HMI and test equipment.
- Receive wiring diagrams, drawing, specification, and instructions, both verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
- Plans details of working procedures to determine material or replacement needs and determines a logical approach to repair problems.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards and similar electronic devices.
- Perform plant-wide electronic and electrical maintenance making operating adjustment as required.
- Capable of developing programs/documents for training and knowledge transfer in all aspects of the control systems.
- Maintain and install communication cables, power distribution cables and wiring, and performs splicing as required.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits, including but not limited to, use of all PPE.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
- Interfaces with other departments/personnel for the purpose of analyzing and/or supplying information to achieve processing/manufacturing requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technician Certification or Associates degree in related field required.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Five or more years and/or equivalent experience preferred in PLC and HMI configuration and programming Control circuit analysis, design, troubleshooting and solving software/hardware issues in an industrial high voltage electrical maintenance.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient computer experience/operation and PLC programming is necessary.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems.
- Standard work schedule, overtime may be necessary for meeting deadlines, required travel, and emergent conditions.
- Able to work scheduled “off shifts”. 2nd, 3rd or split shift if required.
- Perform job responsibilities from customer work sites.
- This position may involve travel up to 10% of the time.
Competencies- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Reads and understands blueprints, schematics, and/or measuring devices.
- Behaves consistently and predictably; is reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations and diligently follows through on commitments and consistently meets deadlines.
- Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Clear and effective communication skills in both written and spoken forms.
- Understands how to use the computers, including such tasks as turning the computer on and off, locating and opening files, navigate to websites, perform searches, and download files.
- Knowledge of computer applications including email, databases, word-processing program and spreadsheets (such as Microsoft Office).
- Respond and follow up to a customer’s inquiry or problem in a timely and effective manner.
- Identifies problems and review relevant information to develop options, then implement the solutions.
- Works effectively with different levels of management, team members and customers.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mobile, AL 36615: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do any of these visa status pertain to you? H-1B, H-2B, Green Card?
- PLC and HMI Configuration: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.