The Inspector determines methods, operations, sequences, and set-ups to perform inspections. Inspects product for conformance to standards and/or special requirements for Mechanical, Electrical Component, Printed Wiring Assemblies, and First Article Inspections as required. Interprets engineering drawings and verifies that hardware or assembly is built to the drawing. Verifies that the latest revisions to inspection criteria have been implemented before inspections are performed. Reviews documents when applicable to determine acceptance or non-acceptance. Position must be filled by US Citizen or Permanent Residenter
- Understanding and applying manufacturing & inspection documentation.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand GD & T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection on a variety of intricate and precision machined and electronic parts.
- Ability to review, edit and document an inspection process.
Understand processes to extent that can suggest procedures, specification and/or blueprint changes; knows when
changes may have possible effects on other areas.
Read and comprehend written documents such as work instructions, job aids, forms, and apply these to the
respective logistics area.
- Familiarity with departmental procedures to serve as a guide during audits.
- Proficient understanding and active use, without assistance, of commonly used documents as applicable.
Possesses required knowledge to conduct department audits to ensure current documentation is in use and that the
certification (calibration) of all tooling and test equipment is current.
- Knowledge of proper inspection techniques required to obtain accurate measurements
- Adequate knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office computer skills to facilitate area requirements
- Utilize a variety of instruments such as bore gauge, air gauge, profilometer, micrometer, caliper, comparator, etc
- Generate inspection reports and corrective action requests.
- Participate in team development including quality/continuous improvement initiatives.
Attend and complete all required training courses according to the position training matrix/plan as well as any
- Ability to support business needs of the applicable team, as they apply to attendance, overtime, punctuality, and shift.
- Overtime and Weekends as needed
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Understands basic concepts of Kaizan, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or equivalents – any certification a plus
- Previous inspection experience preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Understanding of quality systems requirements. (AS 9120, ISO 9001 etc.)
- Good interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.