High school or equivalent (Preferred)
navy radar: 7 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on “doing the right thing the right way, which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work for 14 years running! Learn more below and atwww.lce.com.
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN IV (RADAR)
As Radar Engineering Technician, you will support the U.S. Navy in the troubleshooting, repair and testing of various US navy shipboard radars under the cognizance of Southwest Regional Maintenance Center (SWRMC) by receiving daily work assignments from the SWRMC Branch Head. The selected candidates will be interfacing with U.S. Navy civilian engineers, program managers and logisticians as well as equipment manufacturers. Additional duties may be assigned, including but not limited to logistics, material, and safety responsibilities as it relates to position.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Must be able to obtain a CAC
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Functioning as a test technician, provide installation and testing support, development of simulation equipment, and system setups/tests
- Preform corrective, preventive maintenance and troubleshoot using blueprints, drawings, and diagrams to resolve equipment performance issues on various radar system on various ship class platforms on the San Diego waterfront.
- Perform software and hardware testing while developing test procedures
- Strong focus on distance support/troubleshooting as well as on-site support for the various class ships.
- Install and debug radar systems aboard US Navy ships
- Interface with OEMs and Vendors to prepare equipment for installation, testing and troubleshooting
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Trade/Industrial School Diploma (or GED Equivalent) and/or related ten (10) years military experience
- Ten (10) years of professional experience as an Engineering Technician
- Previous radar troubleshooting experience preferred
- Knowledgeable/experience on the following radar system:
- AN/SPS-67 radar
- AN/SPS-73 radar
- Bridge Master E radar
- AN/SPQ-12 radar displays and distribution system (RADDS)
- AN/SPQ-14 Advanced Sensor Distribution System (ASDS)
- AN/SPQ-15 Data Distribution System (DDS)
- AN/SPS-49 radar
- AN/SPS-48 radar
- AN/SPS-77 (Sea Giraffe radar)
- ATC radar
- AN/SPN- 35 radar
- AN/SPN-41 radar
- AN/SPN-43 radar
- Associated radar switchboard variants (SB-4229), radar display consoles (AN/SPA-25G/H), video and trigger amplifiers, data converters
Physical Demands & Expectations
- Must have or be able to attain an adult CPR/First Aid certification.
- The position may require up to 10% travel.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
- Expected to climb, work aloft on the mast, and be able to exchange associated antennae when necessary
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance.
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
For information on how LCE is keeping employees safe and continuing to provide uninterrupted support to our clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, read our update here. Mission
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients’ people and organizations. It is our company’s cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE’s success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients’ success.
- Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
- Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
- Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
- Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
- Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location.http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability,because of or on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by applicable state law. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, AppendixA.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- navy radar: 7 years (Preferred)
- AN/SPS, Bridge Master, RADDS, AN/SPN: 7 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.