Full Job Description
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Why IBM Z?The world is in the midst of a digital transformation. As businesses adapt to capitalize on digital, trust will be the currency that drives this new economy. Trust is why 44 of the top 50 banks, government agencies, healthcare organizations, and 10 of the top 10 insurers run on IBM Z mainframes. IBM Z is the World’s most powerful business platform. 68% of enterprise production workloads, 80% of structured enterprise data, and 55% of all enterprise transactions, including more than 50% of the back-end transactions generated from mobile enterprise applications run on IBM Z. We are embarking on an exciting journey to transform the technology and business landscape with our IBM Z platform.What are the top responsibilities of this role?
- Position IBM Middleware and Licensing Methodologies to drive client project and platform growth.
- Strong detail orientation and excel skills required to maintain accurate client information and proposal development.
Who are the primary teams this person will work with?
- Client IT Management and leadership
- Client Asset Management professionals and leadership.
- IBM Software Teams, IBM Technology Sales Teams, IBM Hardware Teams.What types of technologies and trends, beyond the requirements, should someone in this role be passionate about?
- Enterprise computing trends including Cloud computing, on premise Enterprise Computing, Digital Transformation, Analytics and Security.What is the value proposition for this role? Why would someone want to be part of this group?
- Integral member of the System Z Software Sales team as well as Enterprise Software Sales and Hardware Sales.
- Critical to delivering the value proposition and growth and success of our IBM Z Platform to our clients and IBM.
- Integral role and a key contributor involved in delivering of IBMs largest and most strategic software and hardware agreements. “What personality traits would make a person successful in this role?
- Self starter.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver required content.
- Ability to understand and convey complex pricing and licensing concepts.
- Results oriented.
- Problem solver.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and consultative selling skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Sales skills
- 2-3 years experience
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Posted Just posted
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.