Must be open to all shifts. Spectra Personnel is currently looking for Packers in the Rockwood, Tennessee area. $11.50/HR. First Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the use of all packing/shipping computer software systems (Savant, UPS, Fed-Ex, and other freight companies via internet access).
Read and understand customer orders for shipments.
- Enter order information into computer.
- Pack boxes according to customer’s instructions.
- Print labels for boxes.
- Properly complete Bill of Ladings.
- Stack, wrap, weigh, and label pallets.
- Contact curriers to schedule pick ups.
- Expedite rush orders.
- Ensure all scheduled pick ups are completed daily.
- Must learn to operate turret truck, order picker, dock truck, and motorized pallet jack. Keep equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
Decision Making Authority
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have good mathematical skills, ability to read, comprehend directions, safety rules, packing slips, production schedules.
- High School Diploma not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to read, comprehead and follow direction.
- Ability to understand safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to have a flexiable work schedule and work overtime when needed which could include nights or weekends.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Physical/Environmental requirements. (Refer to Physical Requirement Reference Sheet when completing this section.) Identify all requirements that apply to the essential job functions. (List specific activities.)
(1) Physical Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Offerd Salary$15,000 - $20,000
Shift TimingMorning Shift