Design of electronic or electro-mechanical products for automotive and industrial market segments with focus on fuel level sensors. Design and develop cost effective products that meet our customer’s requirements through customization of existing product designs, or developing new product designs. The project engineer owns the design process from concept through production to end of life. The project engineer will lead cross-functional teams through the design process to ensure time to market, product cost, total project cost, application critical to quality features, design for manufacturability, design for six sigma and overall long term product quality goals are met.
Minimum requirement B.S.E.E. M.S or PhD a plus. Min of 5 yrs direct exp in electronics design/testing.
Strong knowledge of test equipment and its operation for analog/digital circuits.
Proficient in PCB Schematic software design (Proteus software in use, but other exp acceptable).
Firmware programming experience a plus. Proficient in MS Office/Excel/Word.
Familiar w/ Solidworks or similar drafting software for drawing creation.
Good reading/writing/verbal skills.
Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting, Microprocessor circuits, power supplies, etc.) w/min assistance.
Familiar with DMM/Oscilloscope/Signal Generators/Power Supplies (both low and high voltage), and any other equipment required to complete daily duties.
Good soldering skills and proven experience in PCB reworking (both SMD and thru hole).
Effectively communicates/interacts w/others at all levels. Proficiency in LabView a plus. Experience in EMI testing a plus.
Air Conditioned office environment. Work in electronics laboratory. Some unair-conditioned work in factory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs new products (end items and components) in accordance with project plans and schedules.
2. Develops and maintains design requirement specifications, test plans, control plans and technical data sheets for new products.
3. Generate gerbe files as required for new pcb applications including schematics, drill plans, silkscreens and bills of material.
4. Compile parts lists order components, build and test prototype pcb assemblies.
5. Perform analysis, simulations and testing of electronic systems and prepare corrective actions as needed.
6. Provide technical specifications and drawings for procuring pcb assemblies for new products.
7. Interface with Customers and participate in system and field testing of electronic products.
8. Assist production and provides technical product support to customer service.
9. Redesign and upgrade pcb designs as components are obsoleted or outdated.
10. Perform Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) on all new end item designs, taking into account every related subassembly and component and ranking the failure modes to establish a priority system for design improvements.
•Lead cross functional teams to optimize new designs to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements driven by specific Customer Requirements or market needs.
•Modify plans and designs as required to meet Customer requirements.
•Complete design verification’s and validations of new designs.
•Write test reports as required to document verification and validation activities.
•Review first article reports and make recommendations on discrepant dimensions.
•Review rejection reports and make recommendations on disposition.