Must be open to all shifts. Spectra Personnel is currently looking for Project Manager in the Millersburg, Pennsylvania area. $33.00/HR.
The Ops PMO Project Manager (PM) manages and co-ordinates various key high visibility and/or cross functional projects for Thermo Fisher Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) Global Operations. These projects may be contained to a single site location or may span multiple sites around the world. The Ops PMO PM will, at times, be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects that will range from initial discussions with sponsors and key stakeholders through the development of the project specifications, scope, documentation, deliverables, and management of all project related activities from initiation through project closure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The PM is responsible for providing data and input necessary for proper project prioritization as well as managing the full project life cycle. The PM coordinates with the various Operations functions as well as non-ops functions, where applicable, to establish project teams, communicate and collaborate with project sponsors, and provide structure and project discipline to the initiation, planning, execution and closure of assigned projects.
The Ops PM is responsible for managing project scope, deliverables and communications to stakeholders which will include executive level reporting and presentations from time to time. The PM will work with the project team and finance team to establish project financials. The PM will work closely with functional managers to select and lead the project team members through the project life cycle to successful completion of assigned projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with sponsor and/or senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with peers and then with sponsor/senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Use of appropriate project planning tools to communicate milestones and critical path activities and responsibilities
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule (operating mechanisms) to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Conduct peer reviews with the Ops PMO team to share best practices and lessons learned during project execution
- Write/update status reports on the project for management and sponsors
- Communicate with sponsors as agreed on during project initiation and planning
- Identify and monitor project issues and risks; mitigate as appropriate
- Monitor and report all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis
- Collaborate with finance partner to manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for sponsors
- Ensure that the project deliverables are completed on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Ensure that the project milestones are met
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Document lessons learned during all phases of the project and conduct post project lessons learned reviews
- As part of the PMO team you will be required to assume other responsibilities from time to time.
- Coordinating and facilitating periodic operations project reviews
- Coaching, guiding and mentoring new Project managers or other PMs within LSG Operations
- Other activities in support of Ops PMO
- Two or more years leading teams, or as a project manager leading a project through all life cycle phases
- Strong ability to organize and plan team activities toward specific goals and objectives.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate to project teams, sponsors, and executives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Travel may be required up to 50% of the time
Preferred Experience / Key Skills for success:
- Degree in project management or business management preferred
- Formal project management training
- PMI certification is a plus but not required
- Broad knowledge of Operations or in-depth knowledge of supply chain or manufacturing
- PPI training
The ideal Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that they follow the Thermo Fisher 4i values
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
Offerd Salary$30,000 - $50,000
Shift TimingMorning Shift