- Operates sewing machine to embroider name, initial, or decorative designs on garments, household articles, material, or uniforms and to stitch cording, braid, or emblems on material or garments, following stamped design or working freehand without guide or markings: Reads work order to determine type and location of embroidery.
- Selects size and color thread and draws it through machine guides and bobbin.
- Turns setscrews to regulate machine settings.
- Positions article under presser foot and presses pedal or knee control to start machine and control speed of sewing.
- Guides fabric under needle with left hand or turns hand crank under feed bed to guide material, following stamped pattern or by freehand.
- Observes sewing operation to detect defects in stitching that indicate machine malfunction and notifies supervisor of malfunction.
- May draw guide freehand on fabric.
- May repair defective embroidery or fill in blanks left by embroidery machine.
Pay Rate: $15+ hourly
Offerd Salary$20,000 - $30,000
ExperienceLess than 1 Year
Shift TimingMorning Shift