Spectra Personnel is currently seeking a Bilingual Team Lead to work for our client in Dotcom, in Edison, New Jersey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads receive the schedule from their Supervisor and use it to plan, oversee and participate in warehouse operations. Providing guidance to associates who receive, load, unload, move, stack and stage products in the receiving area before moving them into specific client picking locations.
- They also check the ‘end of day report’ which outlines what was not completed from the day before along with what needs to be received in today to create the daily schedule. The end of day report is also used to request the next day’s labor.
- Receiving Leads spend the majority of their day overseeing associates who unload and move inbound product to the warehouse receiving storage locations safely and efficiently for Put away.
- The receiver puts a different colored flag on the pallet noting it has been entered into inventory, it’s dock location, and it will now show up on the ‘Dock Report’ making it easy for Client Leads to find their merchandise.
- Leads oversee agency certified drivers using a forklift, clamp truck, and electric or manual pallet jack.
- Leads cross-train all associates allowing receiving associates to be reassigned within the warehouse ops area.
- Leads train all new employees for quality control, product identification, safety and storage procedures. Additionally, they manage, coach, develop and supervise their team continually developing their skills and answering any questions. Leads go to their supervisors for any questions, problems or if they need assistance overseeing associate’s activities.
- Leads hold a ten minute morning meetings to communicate the day’s schedule and any changes.
- Leads check employees into the systems, tracking their hours and transferring them from one client department to another to keep them working.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds if over will get assistance.
- 1-2 years of experience in Warehouse Settings
- Know how to lead a team
- High school diploma
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Offerd Salary$30,000 - $50,000
Shift TimingMorning Shift