Spectra Personnel is currently accepting resumes for a Shipping/Receiving Lead in the Edison, NJ area
The Lead would be responsible for shipping/receiving and returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads receive the schedule from their Supervisor and use it to plan, oversee and participate in warehouse operations. Providing guidance to associates who receive, load, unload, move, stack and stage products in the receiving area before moving them into specific client picking locations.
- They also check the ‘end of day report’ which outlines what was not completed from the day before along with what needs to be received in today to create the daily schedule. The end of day report is also used to request the next day’s labor.
- Schedules are compiled using a receiving calendar where 70% of what is to be received that day is based on an appointment, with the shipping specifics i.e. weight, palletized, who delivers, etc. The lead and the receiving supervisor, determines the 30% of the daily schedule, and the labor requirements for projects to meet client requirements. The receiving clerk enters appointments into the calendar and notes any conflicts with the 70% prescheduled. The Supervisor approves the daily schedule and resolves any conflicting appoint times.
- Receiving Leads spend the majority of their day overseeing associates who unload and move inbound product to the warehouse receiving storage locations safely and efficiently for Put away.
- The Warehouse Lead is responsible for servicing multiple customer accounts. Depending on the customer the time to receive in varies as they need to receive in either a single pallet or to open each pallet, each box and check each item, to meet client requirements.
- Receiving associates receive in merchandise. Pull from pallets the Purchase Orders and write the freight location of the merchandise on the PO and the packing list. The associate who unloads the product and pulls the packing list attached to bill of lading, signs for cartons and pallets and gives it to the clerk or the lead person, depending on the client the information. The receiving associate delivers POs to Client Leads. The packing list goes to the Receiving Clerk. The client Lead opens Client Web to check the PO and create an RP. If they see a packing list and PO the retrieve the merchandise from the dock. If they see a packing list and no PO in the system, they send an email directly to the client, copying the Client Services representative and await the customer’s response. This function is done by the department lead person or clerk depending on how busy they are.
- The receiver puts a different colored flag on the pallet noting it has been entered into inventory, it’s dock location, and it will now show up on the ‘Dock Report’ making it easy for Client Leads to find their merchandise.
- Leads oversee agency certified drivers using a forklift, clamp truck, and electric or manual pallet jack. Drivers as also checked out by Steve Plaza or Roberto Turcio. 18-25 shipments daily, ( i.e. Adore Me 63 palettes, and it takes 5 minutes minimum per palette unload and put into receiving storage area).
- Leads assist associate receivers with problem orders (i.e. PO not in the system, wrong product, incorrect UPC number or damages) and copies CR on results who emails the problem to the client for their awareness and approval.
- Leads cross-train all associates allowing receiving associates to be reassigned within the warehouse ops area.
- Leads train all new employees for quality control, product identification, safety and storage procedures. Additionally, they manage, coach, develop and supervise their team continually developing their skills and answering any questions. Leads go to their supervisors for any questions, problems or if they need assistance overseeing associate’s activities.
- Leads hold a ten minute morning meetings to communicate the day’s schedule and any changes.
- Leads check employees into the systems, tracking their hours and transferring them from one client department to another to keep them working.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds if over will get assistance.
Offerd Salary$20,000 - $30,000